Thursday, January 7, 2010

Two Poems for a Snowy Day

This first poem was written Tuesday, when I went to town.



January Sea

The sea has come to this Midwestern road;

Dry January snow undulates above dark pavement.

I do not know what lies beneath:

Black ice or safe purchase?

Holding the value of these lives I move,

I guide my vessel

Slowly along straight paths made mysterious,

Longing for the taste of salt.




The second poem was written this morning, after my usual inspirational walk back from delivering Faerygirl to the schoolbus.


Starfall


Little flakes like mica iridescent

whisper graces as they fall

to Earth below

filling footprints left in yesterday's snow.


Chips of stars they

shine, descending sparks

of light thrown

fuzzing vision while softer trees grow.


Dust from cosmic wind

drifts in cloudlets, cosmic

breath blown;

figuring this, I am, because of the glow.

1 comment:

Followers