Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tasting the First Weed of Spring

I ate my first weed of the season yesterday! With the warmth and wetness, all the green things are springing from the earth. As I unloaded the groceries I saw the vibrant weeds thrusting up along the concrete pad. I greeted the dandelions with joy. I just could not resist taking a brand new leaf for a little taste. It was delightful! Soon I will be making weed salads again. In the yard, the grass and clover are greening. Little sprouts hide under the leaf mulch. And the insects are out! Our bees are doing well, and the fly family is also buzzing about. Even though I know cold weather can still visit from time to time, I believe that Spring has come at last. And did you see that Full Moon? My, she was gorgeous! It has been so exciting to watch the green returning to Dragonwood, first in the moss and lichen, now the grass...and soon it will be fresh new leaves. I know that flowers are open somewhere, probably high atop the maples, because the bees are bringing in creamy pollen in their leg baskets. If you see an insect in your own back yard, greet her for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers