Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dragonwood in Winter

Dragonwood is a very pretty place in the winter. Last week, I took these pictures. Forgive me if the pictures are not as gorgeous as they could be. I make no claims of photographic excellence.





This first picture shows the driveway. It circles around this clump of trees and brush and grapevines. Some of the smaller trees are pawpaws. We eat the fruit, which tastes of apple custard, in September.











Let's head out to the back yard. We're following a rabbit trail through the deep snow. Look at how much snow is mounded up on the torches and the birdhouses!








Weeds. Call them what you like, but I call them beautiful.












Faerygirl and Squirrelboy enjoy playing together on a Snow Day!


Here's a little story for those that can read it. On the top is a close up of some interesting marks I found in the snow. On the bottom is a broader picture. The tracks start in the tree shadow and culminate in the marks that are featured in the closeup. See if you can tell what happened! I'll answer your guesses in the "comments" on this post.

















Finally, here is a picture of Dragonwood from the back yard. You can catch a little peek at the Manor, which is currently under construction. I am purposely not posting pictures of the Manor House yet, because I intend to post Dispatches about the earlier stages first.





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Your home looks so tranquil!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It can be very tranquil here. I hope that someday you can come and visit!

    ReplyDelete

Followers